Safety First provides comprehensive drug testing/screening programs that include testing for reasonable cause, post-accident, return to duty, pre-employment and random sampling. In the development of the Safety First division, BHS recognized that a comprehensive approach to this problem is necessary – one which includes comprehensive policy development, staff education and training, a customized testing program, and an effective support system for the intervention and recovery of employees who need help. BHS maintains the distinction of being the only regional Managed Behavioral Health Organization with a drug testing division.
- Drug-Free Workplace program design
- A national network of certified laboratories and collection sites
- All services coordinated through BHS in compliance with SAMSHA regulations
- Centralized claims processing and management reports
- Medical Review Officer services
- NIDA-Approved computerized random selection process