Summary: Under the day to day supervision of the Office Administrator, and in cooperation with the Director, Administrative Services and Human Resources and other divisions, this position is responsible for professional receptionist duties, and provides clerical/secretarial support as required.
Under the day to day guidance of the Office Administrator, and through specific training and direction provided by other general office employees:
- Serve as central receptionist for patients, visitors, callers, etc.
- Adherence to formal telephone protocol, screen and refer calls according to daily schedule.
- Provide coverage 7:30 am – 5:00 pm daily.
- Maintain all information in a confidential manner.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as directed, i.e., researching claims, mail processing, logging, stamping, etc.
- High school diploma
- 2 years Receptionist experience
- Basic knowledge of PC (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Valid driver’s license issued by the state of Alabama
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organization skills
- Ability to handle interruptions
- Cooperative attitude and self-starter
- Superior telephone communication skills, i.e., clarity, voice, professionalism, attitude, accuracy
- Dependability and punctuality